WinAsm Studio, The Assembly IDE - Free Downloads, Source Code
Forum
   Search    Users    Calendar    Board Help  

Pages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

HiEditor V2.0 Beta

akyprian
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 10:17 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Hi all,

This is HiEditor V2.0 Beta. It contains several new features and serious code improvements, hence the Beta. Please test it thoroughly and let me know your suggestions and possible bug reports.

What's new

-Syntax Hilight (Thanks shoorick, trodon, Jupiter)
^ in front of keyword : Case sensitive
~ in front of keyword : Force change case (display only-GOOD!)
- at the end of keyword : All following text is string
ToDO: + at the end of keyword : All following text is comment/multiline comment

-Have the file extensions to be highlited in square brackets
-Please have a look in the attached KeyWords.hes file and help us update it with file types of other programming languages.
-No limit on number of languages
-No limit on keyword groups

-New options for file tabs on top or below horz scrollbar (Thanks racer, blues)

-Even much faster painting routine (Thanks IanB)

-Context menu items not properly enabled/disabled; fixed (Thanks denise_amiga)

-overwrite does NOT work; fixed

-If last line is the longest, Hrz scrollbar not correct!

-Occasionally horz scrollbar not updated
-delete cr/lf of line (Thanks IanB)
-pasting multiline text in which longer line than the existing longest line exists.

-Error checking on file opening - minor bug fixed (Thanks ThE-MaRaC).

-Files can be saved without extension now (Thanks Ghirai)

-A lot of improvements and minor bug fixing.

Beta 2
--------
What's new

1.New: Close file button on the top-right corner (blues)

2.Last opened options page is now remembered(Jupiter)

3.On the 'options' dialog 'editor' tab the two edit boxes with the spin buttons are too small (blues)

4.Toolbar buttons did not raise on mouse over; minor bug fixed

5.Fixed a bug when deleting the LF character (blues, jupiter)

6.A minor bug of the underlying HiEdit control fixed

Beta 3
----------
-New style: HES_SINGLELINE (blues)

-Non-Printable characters color is now configurable (blues,Jupiter)

-some bugs regarding 0 byte files have been fixed: saving, highliting (Igaln,Jupiter)

-'Enviroment variables' did not work; fixed (Igaln)

-The syntax highlight button size fixed (blues)

-Some minor change to the status bar to accomodate large fonts (Jupiter)

-Small bug in the keyword parsing routine fixed

Feedback is more than welcome,

Antonis

Edit 21 Apr, 2007: 60 downloads
Edit 30 Apr, 2007: 20 downloads

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 73 )
Attached File  HiEditor.zip

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Jupiter
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 11:07 AM
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 773

Hi Antonis, thank you for updated and keeping this work.
I jut downloaded new version and I have some question/suggestions:
1. When I open asm source code files, all registers and command are capitalized (mov->MOV, eax->EAX). I dislike this behavior and I want to disable this (may be useful) '~' feature in .hes file. What about adding 'Highlighting' options for ignoring capitalizing of symbols?
2. I have a wide-screen with 1920x1200 resolution and I have 'Large Fonts' (120 dpi instead of 96) option turned on. So, your app incorrectly (auto)detects width of line number bar width.
3. In the status bar at bottom of main window you have some separated bars, due to the same 'Large Fonts' system option, text do not fit reserved place. You need to keep in mind that on such systems real text width is bigger than usually. Check out GetDeviceCaps API with LOGPIXELSX parameter (may return 96 or 120).
4. Remember last opened options page (there is just 1 'General' option and many under 'Editor' tab

Thank you for your work and good luck!
PMEmail Poster
Swagler
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 04:39 PM
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 4494

Very nice Antonis,

William
PMEmail Poster
shoorick
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 09:23 PM
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Member No.: 160

agree with Jupiter about char case :) personally i'm accustomed with 'plane' case in assembler: everything is lowercase or everything is uppercase... - may be this feature should be optional.

another general issue - when i start application it placed in such way so right lower corner goes beyond screen (i have 800x600 resolution). - it's not a bug: many new app supposed greater resolution and appear in similar way, but it would be slightly better to keep this in mind - even not a wish, just an advice ;)

all other is great. i already have a wish to run tools from this editor :)
PMEmail Poster
akyprian
Posted: Apr 16 2007, 09:56 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

@ Jupiter & shoorick:

When I open asm source code files, all registers and command are capitalized (mov->MOV, eax->EAX). I dislike this behavior and I want to disable this (may be useful) '~' feature in .hes file. What about adding 'Highlighting' options for ignoring capitalizing of symbols?

agree with Jupiter about char case  personally i'm accustomed with 'plane' case in assembler: everything is lowercase or everything is uppercase... - may be this feature should be optional.

I really don't get what the problem is. KeyWords.hes is there sitting on your hard disk and you can do whatever you like in it. Either remove ~ completely or change the casing of the words that follow it according to your needs. ~ is there to autocorrect the way YOU want or remove it completely and you won't have any auto correction. I may not get your point well enough, please clarify.

@Jupiter:
2.I have a wide-screen with 1920x1200 resolution and I have 'Large Fonts' (120 dpi instead of 96) option turned on. So, your app incorrectly (auto)detects width of line number bar width.
3. In the status bar at bottom of main window you have some separated bars, due to the same 'Large Fonts' system option, text do not fit reserved place. You need to keep in mind that on such systems real text width is bigger than usually. Check out GetDeviceCaps API with LOGPIXELSX parameter (may return 96 or 120).

System Large Fonts should not be a problem for line number bar width but yes, it could be a problem for the status bar. I 'll give both issues a look. Can you upload a screenshot, please?

Remembering last opened options page is a good point, will be done. Don't worry, The General tab is easy to fill. Any suggestions?

Thanks

@shoorick
another general issue - when i start application it placed in such way so right lower corner goes beyond screen (i have 800x600 resolution). - it's not a bug: many new app supposed greater resolution and appear in similar way, but it would be slightly better to keep this in mind - even not a wish, just an advice

You know I very rarely upload my ini file. This time I did it on purpose so that people don't go looking for the KeyWords.hes file. I won't do it again (probably)!
What tools will you run from HiEditor, btw?

Thanks

Thanks Swagler for your kind words.
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (14) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll