Articles
Programming Quick Start
32-bit Assembler is Easy
Porting Iczelion tutorials
What is FASM
Hard Drive Recovery
Wiring your own LAN

Forum
Pages (4) [1] 2 3 4   ( Go to first unread post )

Visual animation during build - Go All Add-In, after build is complete it creates OutText.txt in source folder of current project.

SeaFarer
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 1464

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Before I post the rest of this. Can someone offer some feedback?

Simple Add-In.

1. Provides visual animation during builds.

2. After build is complete, creates OutText.txt in source folder of current project.

It is a result of testing the capabilities of FrameWindowProc for Add-Ins as well as my animation tests.

.386 and up. Enjoy! wink.gif

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 144 )
 Login or Register to download
PM
SeaFarer
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Just reserving a block for later. wink.gif
PM
samael
Quote Post

Typo-lord

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5187

1. Provides visual animation during builds.

The animation isn't working on my PC. During the build, all i see is the picture i attach. The progress bar isnt moving, and the icon isn't animating while building.

2. After build is complete, creates OutText.txt in source folder of current project.

OutText.txt, isn't created at all.

Suggestion:
Maybe you could add a listbox on the lower part of the addin dialog, where the output log would be redirected to. And a save button, to let to the user the decision to save the log. If such a save button was pressed, you could initialize a common dialog with the path to the current project.

Attached Image
Attached Image
PM
SeaFarer
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Samael,

Thanks for the test. I figured it was gonna bomb on XP. Phooey! laugh.gif I have always had issues with everything above ME. At least you could see the dialog versus Jupiters experience with my last project. rolleyes.gif

With regard to your suggestions....

Thank you. I did not want/add buttons on this dialog since it is more or less a simple splash screen during builds.

What I was thinking of are options in a seperate config dialog. I may just leave "as is." A super simple Add-In example?

Who knows... maybe Antonis will be inspired to create a slick little visual display during builds? biggrin.gif

As mentioned in my post I am just testing some things. No more quick paste-n-edit jobs! laugh.gif

I'm trying to build things from the ground up now, plus use naming conventions like Antonis does in his code. You know, intellisense recognized naming. Like...

HANDLE, LPSTR, UNIT, etc. etc. versus DD, DB, DWORD, so that the source is easier to read, understand, and navigate. Obviouly there are still places for such things. It also helps when applying what the SDK help mentions.

Oh yeah... Since I powered up my Studio again I realized a number of things...

1. quite a number of my files are out of date. Especially my Add-In .INC files.

2. There is a lot more to this than I first realized. I'm always learning new stuff and trying to figure other things out.

3. Every time I get side-tracked and lose PC time. I have a really hard time picking up where I left off last.

4. Sometimes I am clueless and don't realize it. blink.gif

Anyway...

Did you click the config button in the Add-In Manager with this yet?

There is another copy of the same AVI animation in the About dialog. I am curious to know if the AVI plays correctly in this dialog.
PM
samael
Quote Post

Typo-lord

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 5187

There is another copy of the same AVI animation in the About dialog. I am curious to know if the AVI plays correctly in this dialog.

That animation plays correctly.

Update:
Hmm, just a suggestion. Maybe the problem locates in the fact that the building time for the project i compiled is small.
Maybe you could suspend the building process until the animation actually starts to play, and then go on and continue the building process...
PM
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages (4) [1] 2 3 4  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions