WinAsm Studio, The Assembly IDE - Free Downloads, Source Code
Forum

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last »  ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

HiEditor V3.0 beta, please report any errors and suggestions for the programmer's large file editor.

akyprian
Posted: Dec 23 2007, 11:17 PM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Hi all,

Please help me test this beta version of HiEditor.

What's new

-Major rewrite of the syntax highlighting engine:

* delimiters are now configurable (FloDo,sonic,blues,majkinetor,richm). In the Keyword file: High byte in the color (0x01xxxxxx) refers to delimiters. Delimiters are added from ALL sections for a file extension.

* comment chars/keywords, string chars are now configuarble (FloDo,sonic,blues,majkinetor,richm)
-In the Keyword file: a & at the end of keyword specifies a string char. For ex. "& means that everything enclosed in two " is a string

-In the Keyword file: a + at the end of keyword specifies a comment char/keyword. For ex. //+ means that everything that follows is a comment
Note: multiline comments are not supported yet.

* As a consequence:

-Syntax highlighting can now handle languages that have objects such as MyObject.MyMethod(blah,blah) since the dot (.) can be configured as a delimiter (blues)

-Keywords such as   (html) would be no problem for HiEdit (IanB)

-etc etc

* Number Color can be set from the options dialog - applied only if syntax highlight is enabled and
syntax file exists (majkinetor)

* For the developers using the HiEdit control (will be released soon) in their applications,
the following members of the HECOLORS STRUCT have been removed:

OperatorColor DWORD ?
CommentColor DWORD ?
StringColor DWORD ?

since the above mentioned colors can be defined in the keyword file

whilst the NumberColor member can be set/read using the HEM_SETCOLORS/HEM_GETCOLORS messages.

* major rewrite of the Paint routine

* Last keyword's length was improperly set to 0

* check if - is the last character of the keyword

* check if + is the last character of the keyword

-Command Manager: Pressing Up / Down button crashed HiEditor if no list entry was selected (sonic)

-Title Bar: path file - application name (HiEditor), current file path can be seen on taskbar button,
especially useful when more than one HiEditor instances are opened (Icfu)

-Right clicking on the HiEditor title bar did not fire the standard context menu; fixed (richm)

-Under certain cases, Shift+Tab used to hang the HiEdit control;fixed (JimG)

-Also, if no selection, Shift+tab does not insert a tab anymore.

-Remove scrollbar redrawing if Tab / Shift+Tab / Ctrl+Z / Ctrl+Y is kept pressed for some time.

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you all,

Antonis

Attached File ( Number of downloads: 82 )
Attached File  HiEditor.zip

PMEmail PosterUsers Website
Icfu
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 12:44 AM
Quote Post

Very Active Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 4936

Thanks for the Xmas present! :)

Merry Xmas and a happy new year to you!

Icfu
PMEmail PosterICQ
blues
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 02:20 AM
Quote Post

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 20

hi!
i like this new update. i was waiting for it :)

QUOTE (akyprian @ Dec 24 2007, 09:17 AM)
�� -In the Keyword file: a + at the end of keyword specifies a comment char/keyword. For ex. //+ means that everything that follows is a comment

just trying to understand, how this is different from the - option at the end of keyword?
at beginning i thought that the - would work for a word only (i.e. until separator or space found) but since it is not the case (it highlightes until end of line), i really don't see the difference.
PMEmail Poster
samael
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 03:04 AM
Quote Post

Typo-lord

Member No.: 5187

Hi, thanks for the new update.

Have a Merry Christmas!
PM
akyprian
Posted: Dec 24 2007, 03:27 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Member No.: 1

Thanks you all,

@blues:
a - at the end of keyword specifies that ALL text up to the end of line will be painted using the color specified UNLESS a comment indicator is found.
Such keywords in assembly is Include and IncludeLib which treat all following text as string.

a + at the end of keyword specifies that ALL text up to the end of line will be painted using the color specified. This will normally be used for comment indicators.

In other words, + is higher priority than -

Note that when multi line comments will be supported, these will be something like /*+*/, i.e. start and end of comment will be specified.

I hope it is clear, is it?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll