Articles
Programming Quick Start
32-bit Assembler is Easy
Porting Iczelion tutorials
What is FASM
Hard Drive Recovery
Wiring your own LAN

Forum

Loading single big files & recent files/projects, Suggestion: Loading big files & Question: recent files / projects

robbio
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 49145

Sponsored Links
Hi,

Suggestion:
this is not a bug and not properly a suggestion but if you are interested...
Usually I open big text files from Visual Studio, about 20/30 mb each. VS opens those file in 1 or 2 seconds each. Since I've been using WinAsm I made the same operation with it...your editor control took 2 minutes and half (the second time, so with cached file from the system) on my 3ghz cpu and 4gb ram, windows 7(64bit). As I said this is not a big issue since asm files are very very small but if you are interested....
If you want to try, go to unicode.org and download the latest public release of this standard. There should be a file called unihan.txt of 28mb size.

Question:
I wasn't able to find the Recent Files and Recent Projects menu items under WinAsm menu.
Are they there somewhere? or aren't they implemented?

Thank you!

UPDATE: I've fixed some English errors in my post, sorry smile.gif
UPDATE/2:
Since I'm relatively new here but I've never posted before except the other day, and English is not my native language, I'm wondering if this delay in answering my posts is normal or if I wrote something wrong or similar.
In the meantime I was waiting your answers I've found other things to suggest or to highlight to you but I wouldn't write something If I am wrong in some way. Just let me know. Thank you.
PMEmail Poster
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions