WinAsm Studio, The Assembly IDE - Free Downloads, Source Code
Forum

Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Assemble to a new output directory with ml (MASM)

abitlater
Posted: Jan 3 2008, 10:33 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5728

Hello,

My question here isn't specifically about assembly language, rather it's about assembling in WinASM (or from the command line, for that matter).

Is there a way to create a new directory using masm's options? ie, if the project directory doesn't contain a debug folder, and I am working with my "debug" version, I'd like the obj file (and when linking, the exe file) to be placed in a "debug" subdirectory.

Maybe this is more a "Project Creation" issue? ... where the project wizard could create those directories (debug & release subdirectories) on the start of a new project.

I'm new to WinAsm, and I see I can set separate assemble and link options for debug and release versions, but unless I'm unaware of a feature, I have to manually create those directores if I want to use them with the /Fo option.

Here are my current debug compile options:

/c /coff /Cp /nologo /Fm /Zi /Zd /Fo"debug\\"

Thanks
Brian

edit: it appears link.exe doesn't allow the appending of the directory in the /OUT: option like masm does for the /Fo option. So, I guess what I'm asking for is perhaps a %FILE% variable and a %RELEASE% variable to put in the command line (from within WinAsm), and perhaps the auto-creation of subdirectories from the project wizard. Again, I'm new to WinAsm and assembly, maybe there is another way which I'm not aware of ...?

PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll