Programming Quick Start
32-bit Assembler is Easy
Porting Iczelion tutorials
What is FASM
What is FASM G
Hard Drive Recovery
Wiring your own LAN

Forum
Pages (3) [1] 2 3   ( Go to first unread post )

HiEdit custom edit control V3.0.0.2, undo / redo bug fixes, Ctrl + (Shift +) Enter new featuers, file list tooltip & horizontal scrollbar bugs fixed.

akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Sponsored Links
Hi all,

This is the change log for HiEdit V3.0.0.2

What's new

-Undoing / redoing any text insertion operation (such as drag-and-drop, paste etc) on files containing LF's (instead of CR/LF's) for new lines would make HiEdit behave unpredictably (blues).

-New feature: [Ctrl + Enter] key combination causes a newline to be inserted between the current selected line and the line immediately above and places the cursor at the start of this new line (richm).

-New feature: [Ctrl + Shift + Enter] inserts a new line after the selected line, without having to move the cursor to the end to avoid a line split (richm).

-Bug fixed: On very rare cases, file list tooltip did not disappear on time (majkinetor).

-Bug fixed: When you create HiEdit with tabbedbottom style WITHOUT hscroll style, hscroll is still visible but over tabs (majkinetor).

Get it here

Regards,

Antonis
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
keithsrobertson
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 2649

Hi,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post regarding issues with HiEdit control.

Im getting an error when using the static library:

HiEdit.lib(HiEditLib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _hInstance
HiEdit.lib(HiTabLib.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _hInstance

hInstance is defined in my .data? section

It works fine when i change code to load the hiedit.dll instead with loadlibrary but if i try to use the Invoke InitHiEditControl the error above appears instead.

Just wondering if there is something i need to add/adjust in my code?
PMEmail Poster
akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

Welcome to winasm.org, keithsrobertson

This is the right forum, you can post anything related to the HiEdit control in this forum.

If you examine well the HiEdit Demo source, you will find out that hInstance is defined in .DATA? section as you've already done. In addition, you will find the following at line 112 of the HiEditor.asm file:

PUBLIC hInstance

You MUST use this in your application too, so that the hInstance variable is available in the HiEdit static library.

I hope this solves the problem you are facing

Regards
TodWulff
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 7143

Good day, folks. I am making use of the HiEdit control in my AHK/NPP based project.

I have successfully placed the HiEdit control on top of an AHK tabbed control as depicted here: http://www.autohotkey.com/forum/viewtopic....p=193264#193264.

I'd love to be able to force the 'console' instance of the control to be a read-only control (I know, making an EDIT control read-only seems counter intuitive, but as a serial console control, the user doesn't need to be making edits to it...). Is this able to be accomplished via HiEdit resources, or via calls to the OS, or would it require subclassing the control?

Also, is there a way to programmatically force a whole line of text to be a certain color, vs. relying on the word for word syntax highlighting functionality?

Finally, as described in the linked post, I am having an issue with the refreshing of the control, when a new parent tab is clicked onto - the HiEdit sub-controls are not being redrawn properly. I suspect that I can simply use a message to trigger a re-draw when a parent-tab is clicked into.

[EDIT] I got the refreshing issue to disappear and the sub-controls to reappear - flipping magic... Actually a simple and quick hide/show resolved the issue for me. The hide/show event is tied to the folder tab clicks, so it is not noticable to the user... Nice control!!! [/EDIT]

Please review and advise.

Regardless, if any of this gets addressed, I wanted to close with a big note of appreciation. Quite simply, Thank you!

-t

Here are some pics:
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image
PMEmail Poster
akyprian
Quote Post

Administrator

Welcome TodWulff,

Thanks for your nice words.

I have successfully placed the HiEdit control on top of an AHK tabbed control

Congratulations, can you provide a direct link so that we can download your application?

I'd love to be able to force the 'console' instance of the control to be a read-only control (I know, making an EDIT control read-only seems counter intuitive, but as a serial console control, the user doesn't need to be making edits to it...). Is this able to be accomplished via HiEdit resources, or via calls to the OS, or would it require subclassing the control?

I think that I should better provide a READONLY style bit from the sources. As you understand this is not an easy task so it might take some time. Meanwhile you can try subclassing the control.

Also, is there a way to programmatically force a whole line of text to be a certain color, vs. relying on the word for word syntax highlighting functionality?

How would HiEdit know which lines to draw with certain color and which lines not to? Any ideas?

Finally, as described in the linked post, I am having an issue with the refreshing of the control, when a new parent tab is clicked onto - the HiEdit sub-controls are not being redrawn properly.

majkinetor already told me about a similar issue with AHK. As I haven't really gone into AHK, if you could upload a very simple script with a window, a tab control and two HiEdit controls demonstrating this issue I would really appreciate it.

A big thanks for the feedback
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages (3) [1] 2 3  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions