Articles
Programming Quick Start
32-bit Assembler is Easy
Porting Iczelion tutorials
What is FASM
Hard Drive Recovery
Wiring your own LAN

Forum

Going to US for my college education, any kind of help or information on colleges admission for US education would be very helpful.

Samuel
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 15533

Sponsored Links
Hello all, I have almost completed my studies in India and want to go to US for college studies. This is really raising tensions on me. I have talked to some good resources and they have advised me about the admission process there. I need to know more on this and therefore any kind of help or information on colleges admission for US education would be very helpful. Please provide your suggestions.
PMEmail Poster
SeaFarer
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Member No.: 1464

Here in the United States... New York State is home to some of the best colleges anywhere.

However... it really does depend on what you intend to study and the degree you want on graduation day?

Again... location may be a factor and could very well leave NY out of your list of choices in schools?

Anyhow... some of the best schools in NY are...

State University of New York Colleges...

SUNY - Albany...
SUNY - Buffalo...
SUNY - Brockport...
SUNY - Cortland...
SUNY - Oswego...

Well known & well respected Private NY Colleges...

Colgate University...
Cornell University...
Le Moyne College...
Marist College...
RIT - Rochester Institue of Technology...
Syracuse University...

Perhaps those outside New York State would like to share links to the best schools in there state? coder.gif
PM
Allina
Quote Post

Member No.: 15581

Well, seems like everyone is going there for studies! This is good. I have a friend who attends Yale (a top US school) and was really pleased after going through the preparation that included a lot of practice material which you can find on applicationbootcamp�s guide. I think that you can collect all the required information from this guide which may be of a good help for you..
PMEmail Poster
SeaFarer
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Member No.: 1464

Yes... the US is home to Yale and Harvard... but maybe the path less taken is the preferred route?

It certainly wouldn't hurt to attend a school that does not represent high-society and spread the talent around in a more diverse environment.

Anyhow...

Getting in contact with an Academic Advisor at any college, university, or technical school is truely the best place to start. wink.gif
PM
nelsonwilliam
Quote Post

Member No.: 59720

It is difficult to pay for college. Tuition costs continue to rise (for a degraded crap-o product), fees continue to rise, and the financial aid system is a joke. Moderate income Americans, the backbone of America, are virtually shut out from need-based aid. Scholarships are around, but they have not been increasing. Colleges have MASSIVE endowment funds that could pay for their students, full-ride, for 4 years each, for decades. Why do these caring kind institutions WITHHOLD such generosity? I guess they might not be so kind and caring.

1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions