Articles
Programming Quick Start
32-bit Assembler is Easy
Porting Iczelion tutorials
What is FASM
Hard Drive Recovery
Wiring your own LAN

Forum
Pages (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post )

Start using WinAsm Studio, first download the FULL package from the downloads section of the site and then the latest release from the forum.

dirigo
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 1296

Sponsored Links
Howdy everyone!!!

I've d/l'ed and installed the latest and greatest WinAsmStudio.zip file (approx. 193 KB in size), but seemingly had to do it piece-meal. I'm not sure I d/l'ed the correct version ... supposedly the latest and greatest but was only 193 Kbytes or so in size and only had three (3) files in it: CodeHi.dll, WinAsm.exe and WinAsm.ini. I saw a few other versions of it that were larger I think ... but, what the heck ... I'm probably in errorl.

Anyway, while going through the process of installing WinAsmStudio, I had to create the following additional folders: API, Help and KeyFiles (based upon what I saw in the description about the Files and Path OPTION). So I d/l'ed VAAFiles13e.zip and placed the contents into the API folder (APICall, APIConst, APIStruct, etc.), I d/l'ed the WinAsmHelp.zip file and got it settled in, BUT thus far I haven't been able to find whatever is suppose to go into the KeyFiles folder ... MASM.vas. Where would I find this? Also, what's the difference between a .vaa and a .vas file?

Anything else I might be missing here? If so, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.

dirigo
PMEmail Poster
crisanar
Quote Post

Member No.: 1283

Hi dirigo,

You must first download the FULL package from the downloads section of the site and then the latest release of WinAsm Studio from the forum.

Yours sincerely,
Crisanar
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
dirigo
Quote Post

Thanks crisanar, blues and shoorick. Appreciate it.

dirigo
PMEmail Poster
dirigo
Quote Post

LMBO off here! Thanks, blues ... or at least I think it may be you, blues ... for rearranging this thread and responses. LOL! But the truth be told, it reads very nicely and more accurately reflects how a newbie should approach building WinAsm Studio for his/her use.

Thanks again, as I better understand the proper process overall.

dirigo
PMEmail Poster
sz_70
Quote Post

Member No.: 1694

QUOTE (dirigo @ May 31 2005, 03:14 PM)
Howdy everyone!!!

I've d/l'ed and installed the latest and greatest WinAsmStudio.zip file (approx. 193 KB in size), but seemingly had to do it piece-meal.  I'm not sure I d/l'ed the correct version ... supposedly the latest and greatest but was only 193 Kbytes or so in size and only had three (3) files in it: CodeHi.dll, WinAsm.exe and WinAsm.ini.  I saw a few other versions of it that were larger I think ... but, what the heck ... I'm probably in errorl.

Anyway, while going through the process of installing WinAsmStudio, I had to create the following additional folders:  API, Help and KeyFiles (based upon what I saw in the description about the Files and Path OPTION).  So I d/l'ed VAAFiles13e.zip and placed the contents into the API folder (APICall, APIConst, APIStruct, etc.), I d/l'ed the WinAsmHelp.zip file and got it settled in, BUT thus far I haven't been able to find whatever is suppose to go into the KeyFiles folder ... MASM.vas.  Where would I find this?  Also, what's the difference between a .vaa and a .vas file?

Anything else I might be missing here?  If so, please feel free to point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance for any insight you can give me.

dirigo

hello everyone
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Sponsors
Computer Science

Internet
C/C++
Hardware & PC maintenance

HiEditor

General Discussions
Suggestions/Bug Reports
WinAsm Studio

General Discussions