WinAsm Studio, The Assembly IDE - Free Downloads, Source Code
Forum

Pages: (2) [1] 2   ( Go to first unread post ) Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

please help me about this error, MASM and WinASM

lal
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 10:37 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5325

I have installed MASM in my C:/ Drive . i f start to open the file it show s the error message as shown above . I am using NOD32 AVS .

if is there any solution for this problem ? please help me

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
samael
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 11:35 AM
Quote Post

Typo-lord

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5187

Hi lal,

Please clarify:

1) What exact version of WinAsm Studio do you use? Please provide a link to the archive you have installed...

2) Does this error happen always, or when you try to load a specific project?

3) Have you installed any addins? If yes, try to remove them from the AddIns directory. Then restart WinAsm Studio... Does the problem still occcur?
If yes, try installing the addins one-by-one, till you find a possible suspect....
PM
lal
Posted: Dec 10 2007, 07:36 PM
Quote Post

What exact version of WinAsm Studio do you use? Please provide a link to the archive you have installed...
Does this error happen always, or when you try to load a specific project?

the Error is happening while i am loading Winasm. First i extracted the rar file in my desktop and and opened the program (winasm) .after that i changed archive to my D:/ drive.from where the problem is beginning .If i try for newblank file the program start to showing the problem and quit right away.I couldn't load any project.

Have you installed any addins? If yes, try to remove them from the AddIns directory. Then restart WinAsm Studio... Does the problem still occcur?

Initially when it was in desktop i installed some addins but now no addins .

I hope some one can point out a better solution

anyway thank you somuch for you reply

regards lal
PMEmail Poster
samael
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 05:35 AM
Quote Post

Typo-lord

Group: Admins
Member No.: 5187

Ok lal, try this:

1) Re - download Winasm Studio v 5.15 Full and extract all the files in a directory in the drive of your choice. The "WinAsm.ini" file needs to be fresh (also, possibly "winasm.exe" needs to be fresh too)...

● Be sure to have read-write access to the drive.
● Be sure to have some free space.
● Be sure the path to the directory contains only English characters.
● Be sure the path to the directory is not very long (<=255 characters) (maybe the problem is due to a buffer overflow at the command-line parser)?

Download Winasm Studio V5.15 Full

2) Download the binaries of the latest version (Winasm Studio v 5.16) and put them in the directory where you have extracted the binaries of v5.15, overwriting the old ones.

Winasm Studio V5.16 Update

3) Do not install any extra addins.

4) Execute WinAsm Studio (without opening a project) - does it execute correctly?

---> If WinAsm Studio runs ok, configure the paths to point to the location of MASM binaries. (Tools -> Options -> Files and paths...). Re-execute Winasm Studio (without opening a project) - does it execute correctly?

---> If WinAsm Studio does not run ok, open the directory "UI" in the installation directory, and add the extension .dll to the file "English (Official)". (It should then be named "English (Official).dll". Re-execute Winasm Studio (without opening a project) - does it execute correctly?

-----------> If the problem persists, try granting full system access to Winasm Studio through your A/V management system (it should have such an option). Does this solves the problem?

If, after trying the above, you are not able to run Winasm Studio correctly, please post here:

● The version, file-size and MD5 signature of "WinAsm.exe".
● The full path of the installation directory for Winasm Studio.
● The full path of the installation directory for MASM.
● A crash log.
● The exact version of your OS.

I will then try to reproduce the problem and get back to you.
PM
lal
Posted: Dec 11 2007, 10:48 AM
Quote Post

Finally i reinstalled windows ..now it is working fine dude..

thanks for your help.

best regards

lal
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Pages: (2) [1] 2  Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll