Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Beyond the Point of No Return

SeaFarer
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 12:22 AM
Quote Post

GO NAVY!

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1464

An an interesting article regarding Global Warming.

Beyond the Point of No Return - Common Dreams
It’s too late to stop climate change — so what do we do now?
by Ross Gelbspan

PMUsers Website
shoorick
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 12:40 AM
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Member No.: 160

balancing on faith and facts, personally i prefer to beleive that global warming is result of Earth orbit deviation rather then work of human industry, but of course, i can not prove it :)
PMEmail Poster
SeaFarer
Posted: Dec 12 2007, 02:39 AM
Quote Post

GO NAVY!

Member No.: 1464

Excellent point Shoorick!

Aside from a MENSA newsletter some years ago, around the turn of the century, I have yet to hear anyone else make that point.

The article claimed New York was going to become more like Florida's climate, and Florida more like New York.

Ha! Imagine that... 5 feet of snow in Miami Florida!

I guess time will tell. Unless of course the religious zealouts have their way first... and nuclear armageddon occurs before celestial theory prevails?

If my opinion matters at all, something is definately occuring at an accelerated rate.

As someone who walks everywhere, I have seen very noticeable changes with local agriculture, foliage, and ground cover over the last three years. The air quality is not the same as it was ten years ago also.

Changes in more remote areas I have visted as well. One of the most noticable....

Lake Ontario's shoreline has receded at least ten feet, and the water level is down more than three feet. For such a large body of water, especially fresh water, I see this as alarming.

When the lights go out and the water drys up, FUBAR! :o
PMUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll