Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

Full Screen Window suggestion and Cut / Paste Bug

bli
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 02:20 PM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 5352

Full screen Application:

Hit some daft key combination by accident. The HiEditor window maximised to full screen. BUT since I didn't know what key combination I'd hit, and I didn't know the key combination to undo it, and since there was no button on the window to undo the maximise (as usual Windows convention at top right of window) and since the maximise also removed ALL the menus so I couldn't close the program down or access a help menu to find the key combo, the only way to undo this was CTRL-ALT-DEL and use Process Explorer to kill the program. Dumb. Needs a minimise button at least, or not to remove the menus in this mode. Don't assume the user knows or remembers every clever key combo you've coded into this.

Cut / Paste :

Occasionally, in circumstances hard to pin down, if I select some text and SHIFT-DELETE to cut, not all is cut and some of the text is left. Pasting seems to paste the whole selection. Deleting the uncut text seems to work OK, so there doesn't seem to be a mismatch between the screen version and the file in memory. But still not good.
PMEmail Poster
SeaFarer
Posted: Aug 29 2007, 08:38 PM
Quote Post

Extremely Active Member

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1464

Bli,

Thanks for the report.

To help Antonis resolve this issue, would you kindly indicate the Windows Version you are using?
PMUsers Website
akyprian
Posted: Aug 31 2007, 12:35 AM
Quote Post

Administrator

Group: Admins
Member No.: 1

Hi bli,

As far as the full screen window suggestion is concerned, thanks a lot, I 'll see what I can do.

If you can reproduce the Cut / Paste bug, that would help me track it down. Any others ever faced this situation?
PMEmail PosterUsers Website
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll