Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll

another little cosmetic thing

StickyNomad
Posted: Dec 6 2007, 08:36 AM
Quote Post

Group: Members
Member No.: 4942

Hi Antonis,

After using HiEditor for quite a while, I thought if it could be possible to slightly increase the space between text and the line numbers bar (see image, I added 5 pixels there which might be a little much, but so it is more obvious what I mean).

IMO currently the text looks a little bit 'squished' against the line numbers bar.

I admit this might be nitpicking, but I think at least 2-3 pixels added would look a bit better than currently.

Attached Image
Attached Image

PMEmail Poster
Icfu
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 11:39 AM
Quote Post

Very Active Member

Member No.: 4936

You can add more space under Options => Editor => Line Numbers => Selbar Width. ;)

Icfu
PMEmail PosterICQ
StickyNomad
Posted: Dec 7 2007, 04:56 PM
Quote Post

Member No.: 4942

Thanks, I know that (and guess who suggested that a while ago ;-) ). This controls the width of the line numbers bar, which is already quite nice.

But you can increase the selBar width by dozens of pixels, the text still is 'pressed' against the right margin of the line nrs bar. If you look at my fake screener, you'll see that the pixels I added there are not colored like the line nrs bar but like the text background, and this is exactly my point.

I admit this wish is hardly worth to write about, but everytime I continue reading in the beginning of the next line in HiEditor, I kind of 'visually stumble' upon this little squished appearance. E.g. PlainEdit has a margin of about 3 pixels between text and line nrs bar which I consider to be very 'ergonomic' for my personal perception.
PMEmail Poster
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options Reply to this topicStart new topicStart Poll